Finding the right gift for a one year old might seem challenging but there are some really great options and ideas out there. Here is a list that might help you find the perfect birthday gift for a special boy or girl turning one year old.
1) Musical toys are great because they keep the child's attention, help them to be creative pushing buttons or turning knobs, banging on keys,etc. A musical keyboard, xylophone, even a jack in the box with a wind up handle will keep a one year old entertained for hours.
2) Building blocks are an interactive toy that will help baby with co-ordination and focus while having fun stacking them and knocking them down. Soft blocks can be purchased for this age so if little ones chew on them they won't hurt their mouths.There are some blocks called 'One Two Squeeze Blocks' that are squeezable, chewable and they squeak and float too! You can find them on-line!
3) Baby dolls made of soft fabric like Taggies Developmental Baby Doll features a plush body that all babies will love to snuggle. Lots of different textures for baby to play around with on this baby doll.
4) Learning toys with items that can be taken in and out of something like this Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Kitchen filled with fun things like a refrigerator light that comes on when door is opened, music, food shapes that inspire lots of learning.
5) Stuffed animals large and small are always a hit with babies. Jungle animals, puppies and kittens are popular. Be sure to check that there are no small pieces like noses or eyes that the child could chew or that might pose a choking hazard.
Hope this helps you narrow down your choices of a Birthday Gift for a 1 year old child.