Children love puppy dogs! What a fun theme to do for a birthday party. So many fun ideas to play with. Craft ideas using 'paw prints', cookies shaped like dog bones, balloons decorated with puppy dog faces. Check out these cute puppy dog birthday invitations to get you inspired.
A photo prop made from a cardboard cut out shaped like a dog house makes a fun way to take kids pictures. A station set up with face paints and someone who can paint puppy dog faces is always a hit with the little ones. Don't forget some cute party favor boxes with a puppy theme to send the kids home with. Here are some fun ones!
Ready to rock forty! Planning a fortieth birthday party for a friend or family member, deciding on invitations and decor and ideas to celebrate this great day can be a lot of fun as there are so many great options out there. Check out these unique invitation options.
Use the number forty wherever you can! Add big bristol board numbers to the wall behind the table where you'll be serving food. Add 'forty' themed cake picks to your cupcakes or cake. A fun t-shirt for the guest of honor with a cool fortieth birthday saying will be a hit! Sky's the limit...
The Disney Movie Wreck-it-Ralph has become a fun theme for kids birthday parties. The Disney film based on the character Wreck-it-Ralph is about an arcade game villain who rebels against his villain role in his dreams of becoming a hero. Ralph becomes friends with Vanellope a girl that must eliminate an awful threat that could affect the whole arcade game world. Kids have come to love the characters. Check out these fun birthday invitations!
This fun theme allows you to use your imagination and come up with some 'sweet' decorating ideas. Candy decorated cupcakes are always a hit. A candy buffet or a station where the kids can create their own Wreck-it-Ralph dessert car. Have things like graham wafers, cookies, mini donuts, icing and lots of candy toppings and sprinkles. Let the kids go wild here. Building blocks from cardboard or boxes made to look like bricks could keep the young kids busy for awhile. Even lego can entertain them!
Everyone loves cookies and a glass of milk. A fun birthday theme for kids, a cookies and milk birthday party! This theme is perfect for toddlers and school age children. Here are some cute birthday invitations related to this theme.
Decorate with fun cookie wall art, signs that say 'I love cookies' cookie cutters can be used as table decorations too! Get the kids busy decorating a variety of cookies that they can then take home with them. Have icing in a variety of colors, sprinkles and candy toppings and let the kids go wild. Have party favor boxes ready for the kids to put their decorated cookies in, they'll love this! Serve cartons of milk, white or chocolate and some fun colored straws for drinking. Find a large empty milk bottle and fill with mini-chocolate chip cookies and have the kids each enter a guess for how many cookies are in the bottle. Have a small prize for the closest guess!
The birthday guest is turning the big 50! What a fun time to celebrate life! Whether the party is for a he or a she there are loads of great ideas and themes for a 50th birthday party! Think of the style or interests of the birthday guest and choose something they will relate too! If you can't come up with something related to the guy or gal, an 'over the hill' theme will work great and will create lots of laughs! Here are some fun 50th party invitations to get you started.
Once you've decided on the theme, choose your colors and start collecting decorating ideas. Create a poster board of old pictures of the birthday guest with family and friends. It's always fun for people to reminisce about old times. Give the birthday guest a special birthday t-shirt to wear to celebrate the big day! If it's a smaller party a t-shirt for everyone would be fun too! Create a 50th centerpiece using candy treats that were popular in the year the birthday guest was born. Add a fun poem or quote to it. Party favor boxes can be used as centerpieces too, then give them out to the party guests at the end of the night.
Finding the right gift for a one year old might seem challenging but there are some really great options and ideas out there. Here is a list that might help you find the perfect birthday gift for a special boy or girl turning one year old.
1) Musical toys are great because they keep the child's attention, help them to be creative pushing buttons or turning knobs, banging on keys,etc. A musical keyboard, xylophone, even a jack in the box with a wind up handle will keep a one year old entertained for hours.
2) Building blocks are an interactive toy that will help baby with co-ordination and focus while having fun stacking them and knocking them down. Soft blocks can be purchased for this age so if little ones chew on them they won't hurt their mouths.There are some blocks called 'One Two Squeeze Blocks' that are squeezable, chewable and they squeak and float too! You can find them on-line!
3) Baby dolls made of soft fabric like Taggies Developmental Baby Doll features a plush body that all babies will love to snuggle. Lots of different textures for baby to play around with on this baby doll.
4) Learning toys with items that can be taken in and out of something like this Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Kitchen filled with fun things like a refrigerator light that comes on when door is opened, music, food shapes that inspire lots of learning.
5) Stuffed animals large and small are always a hit with babies. Jungle animals, puppies and kittens are popular. Be sure to check that there are no small pieces like noses or eyes that the child could chew or that might pose a choking hazard.
Hope this helps you narrow down your choices of a Birthday Gift for a 1 year old child.
Girls can have a Pirate party theme just as easily as boys can. A pirate theme for girls could include pink bandanas, pink and black decorations with pirate designs. Cute invitations with pink accents.
A pink suitcase could double as a treasure chest and could be filled with costume jewelry for the girls to play with. Give the girls pink bandanas and eye patches to outfit them as pirates. Add pirate theme cake picks to chocolate cupcakes that have been iced and decorated with pink sprinkles. Gold fish crackers, a bucket of gold chocolate coins will add some fun to the food table. Rename hamburgers as pirate patties and serve them up for lunch. Party favor boxes make great little treasure take homes, fill with fun pirate theme goodies.
Birthday cake pops and cake bites have become popular for birthdays and other celebrations. These are very easy to make and their are some great tutorials on youtube to show you how. Here is a basic recipe to get you started.
1 cake mix - mixed, baked and cooled
1 can of store bought icing (vanilla)
chocolate melts in color and flavor of your choice
Bake cake and cool it. Once cool cut cake in large pieces and crumble into a large mixing bowl. Spoon in about 3/4 of a can of the icing. Mix and roll into bite size balls about 1 inch. Place rolled balls on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and place in freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes. While they are in the freezer prepare the chocolate, melt in a microwavable dish in 30 second intervals until completely melted and of good dipping consistency. Remove balls from freezer and begin dipping. First you'll want to dip the end of a skewer in the chocolate and poke about 1/2 way into a ball and to secure it then dip the entire ball into melted chocolate. If you want to add sprinkles or decorations do this while the chocolate is still wet. Place in a styro foam block to allow to completely dry. Package or store as desired.
Many people love reading quotes, many save the ones they love in a list for future reference! Here is a list of 10 beautiful Birthday Quotes that I found. Enjoy!
1) "A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip" - Dandelion Quotes
2)"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" - A. A. Milne
3) "Don't just count the years, make the years count" - Ernest Myers
4) "You are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
5) "One year older means one year better" - unknown
6) "God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well" - Voltaire
7) "A gift with a kind countenance, is a double present" - Thomas Fuller
8) "Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest" - Larry Lorenzoni
9) "Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time" - John Paul Richter
10) "Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul" - Samuel Ullman
Balloons have always been a popular item to decorate with at birthday parties and other special events. They have come along way with many different types, designs and colors that they are offered in. Traditional latex balloons are still a big hit but the helium and Mylar balloons have grown in popularity and look great added to a balloon bouquet. Balloon bouquets are now used as table centerpieces and ceiling decor as well as wonderful arches for those that want to go all out! Balloon bouquets are sometimes referred to as balloon trees. These can be made up of any number of balloons grouped together in a tall form representing a tree, (thus the balloon tree.) Balloons can be mixed sizes right up to jumbo balloons. Balloons can now be purchased with fun designs on them like polka dots and swirls, cute animals and accented with fun birthday messages. Dress them up even further with colorful ribbon and a weight to anchor the centerpiece. Birthday balloons help to create ambiance and a fun party mood for all who attend the party.